Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Spend Some Time With Your Kids

"Hey Mom, I was thinking that we don't spend enough time together. You never took me to the park as a kid, you never read me books before bed, and you really never helped me cover up a murder. What's that? You've been waiting for me to ask you to help cover up a murder? You don't know how happy that makes me. Let's take a ride to the gas station and get a celebratory cigar, who knows we may run into an opportunity there. Thanks mom, I love you."

I imagine that's how the conversation went between a kid and his mom. Judge for yourself:
"After her son shot and killed a gang rival as she sat in the family van at a
gas station, a South Side mother moved quickly, authorities said.
She drove her son home, parked the van in a garage and told him to say nothing, law
enforcement sources said.
Karen Juarez, 49, then returned to the scene of the shooting in the 2000 block of West Garfield to ask police what happened, sources said."

That's love.

[Suntimes]

No comments: