Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Kyra Sedgwick Has It Rough

(Don't fault me for liking Rachel Ray)

Kyra Sedgwick blogged and was talking about Footloose, Chace Crawford, and something else. Then she started talking about how society is a man's world and, well here, you read it:
"Case in point: Even Sedgwick found it tough to request extra vacation days from her TV series. "It was a hard thing to ask for," she says, "whereas if it was a man … it wouldn't have been a big drama. For me, it was, 'Is this an okay thing to do, they all count on me, what are they going to do without me?' It was all a little grandiose."
If you're unfamiliar with her, she's married to Kevin Bacon and her show (The Closer) is on the NBA Channel TNT. I have personally never watched it because Holly Hunter and Kyra Sedgwick are like twins that I could care less about.
Back on topic though, she is the star of this show, the headliner ( although J.K. Simmons is pretty much great in anything. I'm sure the director (Kevin Bacon directed 3 times) and the producer gave her a lot of shit. Wait, according to IMDB she is a producer. I often have a hard time looking myself in the mirror and asking myself for a day off. Also, you're an actress. Your life (at this point) is no longer hard. I'm not saying your job is easy but you're not living in Detroit wondering if your kids will have dinner to eat. Go bitch to someone else.
Women don't take this as me thinking there's no sexism left in the world, I know there is. Real women suffer from it everyday but I don't think actors (men or women) have as much to bitch about.

No comments: