Wednesday, April 29, 2009

100th Post= Story About My Dad

100th post deserves some real comedy. Some of the best comedy is in true life, i.e. my father. To preface this story there's a few things you need to know about him:
  1. While not having invented the original seven swear words, he sure loves to use them, plus some, while inventing his own.
  2. Jeans. The man loves them. Jackets, shorts, and pants. Can't get enough of it.
  3. He is never wrong, ever. It's like a bad Chuck Norris fact. I have proven the man wrong with factual evidence before and he has won the arguments by resorting to rule 1.
  4. He does not watch sports more than maybe 10 times a year (and that's pushing it). This said he says he likes the Chicago teams but always doubts them. Furthermore he roots for the Sox just to piss me and my brother off. That said.....
  5. Watching a game with my dad is like trying to take a hot girl home while your buddy constantly points out her flaws and every thing that can possibly go wrong with her, but he's "rooting for you."

These are just a few things about my father that make him unique and by NO means are these bad, he's a great man, he's just eccentric.

On to the story now. Last night we were both watching the Bulls game. He had come in to watch it completely at the beginning of the fourth quarter when the Bulls were up. As the fourth quarter dwindled down and the Bulls had a double digit lead my Dad looks at me and says, "They're gonna lose it." This is the equivalent of a curse. He's done this before in baseball, football, and basketball. The man knows barely anything about sports but makes statements that somehow always come true. I look at him and shake my head in disbelief. The man hates Chicago sports.

Fast forward to the end of regulation and he has this smug look on his face knowing he is about to be right. Skip through Paul Pierce hitting everything, Brad Miller almost crying, and the Bulls lose. I look over and he's smiling and laughing as if he was a kid caught in a lie.

The Bulls lost to ruin my night and I end it by hearing my father laughingly tell me, "Told ya so." FML

No comments: