Friday, April 10, 2009

Jesus was an actor?

Time.com has compiled a list of the top 10 Jesus movies. In chronological order they are:
  • The King of Kings (1927)
  • The King of Kings (1961)
  • The Gospel According to St. Matthew (1964)
  • Godspell (1973)
  • Gospel Road (1973)
  • Jesus of Nazareth (1977)
  • Monty Python's Life of Brian (1979)
  • The Last Temptation of Christ (1988)
  • The Passion of the Christ (2004)
  • South Park: Fantastic Easter Special (2007)

I've seen Godspell when some company came in and did a shitty performance in my grade school gym. The only other "Jesus Piece" I've seen is Passion of The Christ and I did not even see the whole thing; I was a college freshman that did not want to read for hours on end and ended up kind of falling asleep. It's ok though, God's not mad at me because Mel Gibson made it and they're on rough terms ever since Mel blamed the Jews for everything.

When reached for comment Jesus said, "No He Got Game? God damn it."

Personally my favorite "Jesus Piece" is below.





[TIME]

No comments: