Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Fun with Fred

Fun with Fred is gonna be a monthly, weekly, or daily post with experiences with my father Fred. Those of you who know him know that fun is being used very loosely, or pretty much inappropriately.

So my father is currently on vacation and since I live at home (winner) I get to see him even more. As he normally works the afternoon shift each day he would be asleep as I leave for work in the morning. Me being the nice son I am I try to leave quietly so as not to wake him. Not the case with Fred.


Day 1 of his vacation (my hell) I'm woken up at 5am, over 2 hours before I normally do, to the sound of boxes being thrown, slammed, and for all I know being shot at. When I finally get up and rise to go to work I confront him about this and he informed me that I should have been up anyways. When I asked why he said because that's what people do. Knowing I was fighting a losing battle I let it go and showered for work. On my way out the door wouldn't you know it he was asleep. It took all I had not to throw boxes or yell, because you know, that's what people do.

No comments: